What Are My Rights If I'm Not Satisfied With a Product or Service?

If you're not satisfied with a product or service you've purchased, the first step is to contact the company that sold it to you. You may be able to get a refund or exchange if the product is defective or not what you ordered. In some cases, you may even be able to declare your new vehicle defective if it has not been successfully repaired after several attempts or has been out of service for a total of 30 days within a given period or number of miles. If you have only paid part of the bill for a service or product purchased with a credit card, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due.

Even if you can't allege a billing error, you may still have other rights against the card issuer if the products or services turn out to be defective. It's best to return the item for a refund or exchange if the retailer allows it and you're still within the return period. When you pay with a credit card, it offers incredibly strong protection against most cases of poor service and against companies that sell defective products. For example, I know an owner who received a free solution for her Maytag refrigerator, which had stopped cooling after several years of service.

Leave Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *